Ann Frye is an international specialist on the transport needs of disabled and older people.
She advises public, commercial and professional bodies on policy solutions to meet mobility needs in all transport modes, and in the pedestrian environment.
She is also Director of a not for profit training organisation PassePartout Training Ltd which specialises in training staff in the aviation industries on legal requirements and best practice in meeting the needs of disabled passengers (PRMs)
Ann chaired the sub-group on disabled air travellers (PRMs) of the European Civil Aviation Conference (ECAC)from 1996 to 2012 and currently co-chairs the US Transportation Research Board sub-committee on International Activities in Accessible Transportation and Mobility.
Ann has led Europe-wide projects for the European Commission and the European Science Foundation to develop Standards and Best Practice in accessible buses and heavy rail services. She has also advised Governments and transport authorities in Canada, Hong Kong, Australia, New Zealand and Ireland.
She has developed and delivered training to transport professionals including airline cabin crew and National Enforcement Bodies as well as engineers and policy makers responsible for the design and delivery of accessible rail and bus services.
She is currently working with the United Nations and the International Transport Forum on the mobility implications of a global ageing population.
Ann has worked in this field for over 25 years; until 2006 she headed the Mobility & Inclusion Unit in the UK Government Department for Transport where she delivered a major programme of research, legislation and policy to promote the mobility of disabled and older people in all public transport modes including aviation.
She is a Visiting Professor at University College London. She is also a Fellow of the Chartered Institute of Logistics and Transport and of the Institution of Highways and Transportation in the UK and an honorary Transport Planning Professional.
- Advice on implementation and compliance with provisions of UK Disability Discrimination Acts and European legislation on the rights of disabled people in aviation and other transport modes.
- Advice on best practice in meeting the needs of disabled and older people.
- Strategic and policy planning advice on social issues in the transport field.
- Developing, delivering and successfully implementing Disability Discrimination legislation in the transport field in the UK;
- Contributing to development and implementation of legislation and policy on the mobility of disabled and older people at European level;
- Chairing specialist international groups developing consensus and best practice and influencing legislation in aviation, rail and bus accessibility and other policy areas at European and wider international levels.
- Delivering training on legislation and best practice in accessibility at European and UK levels.
- Partner in European Commission 7th Framework EuroAccess Projects.
- Member UK Civil Aviation Authority Consumer Panel
- Member European Commission Horizon 2020 Transport Advisory Group
- Pedestrianisation of Oxford Street
- Horizon 2020 Transport Advisory Group
- Economic impacts of ageing populations on tourism
- Review of Canadian transport accessibility legislation
- CAA Consumer Panel
- Train the trainers
- Developing sub-regional mobility forums
- Training on disability issues
- Training on legal and operational aspects of disability
- Study of socio-economic impacts of measures to improve accessibility for disabled people
- Resilience of transport system during Olympics
- Training needs of transport providers in understanding visual impairment
- Thematic Study:Older & Disabled People and Sustainable Urban Transport
- Mobility: Rights, Obligations and Equity in an Ageing Society
- Mediate Project Good Practice Guide
- Development of training programmes for aviation industry
- Training in Air Passenger Rights for Disabled People
- Review of Parking Badges for Disabled People
- Cognitive Impairment and Mental Health
- Rail Accessibility
- Review of Transport Accessibility Plan
- Review of wheelchair accessible taxis in Northern Ireland
- King Abdul Aziz Road Project, Saudi Arabia
- Mobility Action Design
Ann Frye. OBE, BA , FCILT, FCIHT, TPP
Ann Frye Limited and PassePartout Training Ltd
75 Alderney Street, London, SW1V 4HF
Tel: 07710 355969 / Mobile: 07710 355969