David Crawford is Managing Consultant at Technical Editorial Consultancy. He is a technical writer, editor, researcher and marketing adviser with over 25 years’ experience of transport, intelligent transport systems (ITS) and the built environment. He has carried out assignments for the European Commission (TEAM and ANIMATE projects, as subcontractor to Ian Catling Consultancy) (dissemination), a European supplier of electronic tolling equipment (as subcontractor to Ian Catling Consultancy) (research), 3M (research), Fine Research (US; affiliated to ITS America; ultimate client Japanese Government ministries) (research into ITS in Europe). He is Contributing Editor of ITS International and has contributed to the second and third (web) editions of the ITS Handbook, published by the World Road Association (PIARC). He contributes to Engineering and Technology, and the Transport Network web daily.
He is a paper reviewer for World and European ITS congresses. He is a member of the Chartered Institute of Journalists.
- Technical writing and editing
- Report writing
- Technical research
- Market research
- Media relations
- Project management of research and marketing exercises
- Market research consultant to 3M for a survey of the use and care of safety wear in transport and related industry contexts, aimed at influencing European standards development.
- Launch Editor, subsequently Contributing Editor, of Intelligent Transport Systems (ITS) International.
Research for, and editing of, dissemination material on EU-funded ITS projects, within the TEAM and ANIMATE projects (as subcontractor to Ian Catling Consultancy).
- Research for international surveys of GPS-based electronic fee collection (EFC) systems (as subcontractor to Ian Catling Consultancy).
- Technical communications adviser to the Fastway Consortium, developing improved public transport in the London Gatwick Airport area.
- Author of British Building Firsts, and Technical Literature: Getting it Right (the latter published in association with the London Building Centre).
David Crawford. BA (Hons), MCIJ
Technical Editorial Consultancy
24 Fitzgerald Road, Framingham Earl, Norwich, Norfolk NR14 7TJ
Tel: +44 (0)1508 491184