Finella has run her own consultancy business since 1999. She has been involved in many challenging projects including the European Commission study on funding ITS deployments to support its Action Plan, developing a European Engagement Plan for the UK rail industry, and co-editing a dynamic website for the World Road Association on ITS in road network operations. She has wide experience in developing and assessing proposals seeking financial support for innovative research & near market developments of products, systems & services, infrastructure investments, and logistics operations – across the road, rail, maritime, inland waterway & aviation sectors. Finella’s professional career started in the UK civil service where she held a range of positions over 17 years in the Departments for Environment and Transport.
- World Road Association’s (PIARC) Combined Web Resource on Road Network operations and Intelligent Transport Systems.
- Evaluator of Project Proposals, EU Framework Programmes (FP), Trans-European Network-Transport Programmes (TEN-T), Marco Polo Programme.
- UK Rail Industry – European Engagement Plan.
- PI3LOTS Consortium Framework Contract to Provide Technical, Legal & Organisational Support for Implementation of the ITS Action Plan.
- The Kavarken Intermodal Link.
- Coventry University’s Integrated Transport & Logistics Grand Challenge.
- UK National Contact Point, Transport Policy & Applications, EU’s 7th Framework Programme of Research & Technological Development (FP5-FP7).
- The ITS (UK) Practitioner’s Guide to Europe.
- Transport Research & Innovation Portal.
- Video Information Highway.
- SMARTRANS – Research Council of Norway’s Intelligent Freight Transport Research Programme (2007-2013).
- Department for Transport’s (DfT) Road Vehicle and Safety Standards’ (RVSS) and Roads Performance Strategy’s (RPS) Unit-Level Evidence Research Strategy and the EU’s Seventh Framework Programme (FP7).
Finella McKenzie. BSc (Hons) University of St Andrews
Brighton, East Sussex
Tel: +44(0)1273-390512 / Mobile: +44(0)7980-838-265