ON-GOING CORE ACTIVITIES
• Transport Advisor to Trueform (on-going since 2001). Assisting on various projects in UK, North America and Abu Dhabi. See: http://www.trueform.co.uk/
• New Product Development Consultant for FWT and the CHK Group. (on-going since 1993) Assisting on various projects in UK and USA. See: http://www.fwt.co.uk/ and http://www.chkgroup.co.uk/
• Freelance Public Transport Specialist focusing on public transport information systems and telematics, supporting integrated transport policies. Focusing in 2011 on projects in the UK and working with Telematics System Suppliers such as Hogia and UTrack. Commissioned in July 2011 by West Yorkshire Passenger transport Authority to assist them with the implementation of their Transport Hubs Strategy. For more details of Peter Warman’s past consultancy projects see: http://www.warmanconsult.co.uk/ (on-going since 1980)
Previous professional employment
• Chief Executive of London RiverBus Partnership (1989 to 1991)
• Senior Consultant with MVA, (formerly AMV Ltd) (1973 to 1979)
• Member of a small research team at Imperial College London, directed by Sir Colin Buchanan, to examine the long term implications of transport and telecommunications for the UK up to the year 2000. A one year project commissioned by Sir George Young for the Long Range Studies Division of the British Post Office (1972 to 1973)
SELECTED PROJECTS IN THE LAST FIVE YEARS
• Specialist Advisor to MVA for a commission awarded by the Olympic Delivery Authority to ‘Forecast Demand for London 2012 Thames River Services.’ The consultant role was to assist in matters relating to service planning and the coordination of the different river service operators. This included aspects relating to passenger demand, route planning and the scheduling of services. This work included discussions with London’s main river passenger transport operators and presentations to the London 2012 Olympic Delivery Authority (ODA). (Completed November 2009.)
• Plymouth Bus Project. A consultant with the TAS Partnership working on this project commissioned by Plymouth City Council to undertake a comprehensive study of the bus network and propose initiatives for its future development and investment. (Completed in January 2009)
• Integrating Transport in South West Hertfordshire. Lead consultant on a project commissioned by Watford Borough Council in cooperation with neighbouring authorities, including Hertfordshire County Council. Preparation of a sustainable transport strategy for implementation over the next ten years. (Completed October 2008)
• Developing an Information Strategy for Travel to Healthcare Facilities in West Yorkshire. A commission by the West Yorkshire Passenger Transport Executive (PTE) and National Health Service (NHS) Trusts in the County. (Completed June 2008)
• Specialist Advisor to MVA for their Feasibility Study of the River Clyde Waterbus and Ferry Service. (Completed April 2008). This project was commissioned by Glasgow City Council.
• Go-between Project for Calne Community Area in Wiltshire. This project is designed to assist a local rural community organise its transport services by identifying unmet local demand and matching it with spare capacity identified by conducting a dialogue with local passenger transport providers and the Transport Authority. The project tests the feasibility of setting up a local passenger transport brokerage system. (Completed March 2008)
• Dorset Health Care Transport Review (Completed March 2008)
• Evolving future public transport integration strategies relating to ‘MobiHub’ Networks for Plymouth (On-going) and GMPTE (January 2005). This work included assisting a local taxi operator (Taxifast) and Plymouth City Council in the market development of their new Taxibus Service operating in and around the St Budeaux Hub area. (Completed December 2006)
• Special Advisor to Telematics Africa to assist them in their project management of a new Real Time Information System for Cape Town, South Africa. (Completed March 2007).
• Working with CHK America to examine Best Practice methods for the display of Public Transport information and Wayfinding. Some of the cities examined included London, Paris, Singapore, Sydney and Christchurch (New Zealand). (Completed June 2007)
• Conducted City Information Audits in selected cities for First. (Completed May 2007)
• Advising West Yorkshire PTE on how to improve their provision of roadside Information and Map and Guide publications. (Completed February 2007)
• Advised Kent CC on how their information strategy should be developed to meet current best practices and possible future requirements within the known available resources. (Completed March 2006). Also advised the Kent CC ‘Fastrack Project’ on the Roadside Information Requirements when the first route began operation in March 2006. (Completed January 2006)
• Special Advisor to Mott MacDonald regarding work for BAA Heathrow to develop proposals on how to integrate all the bus and coach real time information systems for transport services operating in and around Heathrow. (Phase 1 Completed March 2006)
• Developed the Public Transport Information Strategy (2005 to 2010) for Greater Manchester PTE (completed January 2005)
• Working with the Department for Transport, Transport Direct Team and with SRA Ltd on the future development of Transport Direct products based on an analysis of traveller requirements. (Report published by DfT. See MR07 Completed March 2005)
• Examining the Business Case for introducing Real Time Information Schemes on Bus services. (East Kent and Manchester) (Completed for RTIG March 2006)
• Assisting FWT with Information Integration Projects for the Chicago Transit Authority (On-going) and Austin, Texas.(On-going)
• Evolving future public transport integration strategies relating to ‘MobiHub’ Networks for Plymouth City (March 2004) and GMPTE (January 2005)
• Assisted ATCO in developing National Guidelines for Bus Stop Information (published November 2004)
Peter Warman. MSc, CEng, FCILT, MICE, MMRS
Amicitia, Greenways, Abbots Langley, Hertfordshire, UK.
Tel: +44 1923 265258/ Fax: -/ Mobile: +44 7973 308013
- Freelance Public Transport Specialist focusing on public transport information systems and telematics, supporting integrated transport policies. Focusing in 2010 on projects in the UK and working with Telematics System Suppliers such as Hogia and SELEX Communications ( part of the Finmeccanica Group). See: http://www.warmanconsult.co.uk/ (on-going since 1980)
- New Product Development Consultant for FWT and the CHK Group. (on-going since 1993) Assisting on various projects in UK and USA. See: http://www.fwt.co.uk/ and http://www.chkgroup.co.uk/
- Non-Executive Director and Transport Advisor to Trueform (on-going since February 2007). Assisting on various projects in UK, North America and Abu Dhabi. See: http://www.trueform.co.uk/
- Since 1980, he has worked as a freelance consultant, except for three years when, in 1989, he was appointed as Chief Executive of the London RiverBus Service This was during the period leading up to the completion of the first phase of the Canary Wharf Development in London Docklands in 1991.
- During the 1970’s he was employed by the international consultancy MVA for seven years and on a one year research project at Imperial College, London, during 1972-3.
- West Yorkshire Transport Hubs Programme
- Integrating Transport in South West Hertfordshire
- Review of Kent CC Information Strategy
- Plymouth Mobihub Project